|NOUN || a toothache | toothaches |
|SYNO ||odontalgia | toothache|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Shemp has been ill with a toothache for quite some time.
- Cheolho suffers from a toothache but refuses to go to the dentist, despite his brother urging that keeping the toothache is a much worse problem than paying the dentist.
- Selby absent-mindedly whistles while listening he's being cured from a toothache.
- Its common use as an herbal remedy for toothache and oral infections earned it the nickname toothache plant.
- The Huastec people of northern Veracruz and San Luis Potosí in Mexico used different parts of the tree to treat gum ailments, toothache and cancer.
- It has been suggested that "died with a toothache in his heel" could be a reference to reactive arthritis.
- She is venerated in Brussels, and is invoked for eye troubles and toothache.
- In the United States, an estimated 12% of people reported that they had a toothache at some point in the six months before questioning.
- Thelma creates a fake toothache for Patsy whose coveted tooth might help Elmira win the big game.
- Although he has the power to reduce people to the size of dust particles, he cannot cope with his own toothache.
- Sometimes TMD pain can radiate or be referred from its cause (i.e. the TMJ or the muscles of mastication) and be felt as headaches, earache or toothache.
- Saint Apollonia is the patron saint of dentists, and there is a tradition that the geuteling confers year-long immunity to toothache.
- After eating too much ice cream, Adi has a toothache. Meanwhile, Bastian buys a karaoke machine.
- The Chief of Police: Mostly concerned with playing billiards and assuaging his own toothache, he doesn't share the Lieutenant's idealism and wilfully breaks the law.
- The leaves are used in folk medicine against toothache and as diuretic.
- Also known as "majuphal" in Indian traditional medicine, "manjakani" has been used as dental powder and in the treatment of toothache and gingivitis.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!