|NOUN || a warning | warnings |
|VERB || to warn | warned | warned|
warning | warns
|SYNO ||admonition | admonitory | cautionary | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The Emergency Public Warning System, later replaced by Alberta Emergency Alert, was developed as a result of the 1987 tornado disaster.
- Early-warning radars, early warning satellites, and Airborne early warning and control are systems used for detecting potential missile attacks.
- Some companies hold 'strange warning label competitions' such as the former M-law wacky warning labels competition.
- Within five seconds of detection by seismic instruments, the earthquake early warning system issued a warning via radio, television, and other means of broadcast.
- Some aspects of the warning systems in place were delayed or failed to issue a warning at all, prompting multiple reviews of the warning infrastructure.
- An experimental earthquake warning system being developed by the Berkeley Seismological Laboratory issued a warning upon detecting the P-waves five seconds before the slower, more destructive S-waves arrived in Berkeley.
- Global warning functions within the complex include the North American Aerospace Defense Command/U.S.
- The Air Raid Warning System, with the prominent letters YBRW, indicates threat/warning levels.
- In advance of Hurricane Grace, a tropical storm warning was issued for Bermuda on October 27.
- The AH-1Z has survivability equipment including the Hover Infrared Suppression System (HIRSS) to cover engine exhausts, countermeasure dispensers, radar warning, missile warning, and laser warning systems.
- Warning signals show no phenotypic plasticity in adult wood tiger moths.
- Every warning begins with the phrase ' [...] HONG KONG SAR GOVERNMENT WARNING' and then one of the following in all caps.
- The Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) is an XML-based data format for exchanging public warnings and emergencies between alerting technologies.
- Other safety items included a high level brake light; a 'bulb blown' warning system; 'door open' warning light; adjustable seat belts with pretensioners and a seatbelt reminder/warning light: all of which all came as standard on all models throughout the range.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!