|NOUN1 || a washing | washings |
|NOUN2 || washing [e.g. laundry] | - |
|VERB || to wash | washed | washed|
washing | washes
|SYNO ||laundry | lavation | wash | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- 'Washing' can also refer to the washing of clothing or other cloth items, like bedsheets, whether by hand or with a washing machine.
- A lavoir (wash-house) is a public place set aside for the washing of clothes.
- The regenerated washing liquid is sent back to the washing column.
- Compulsive washing is usually found in individuals that have a fear of contamination.
- Environmental flea control includes using flea foggers or bombs, vacuuming, and treating pet bedding by washing on a hot cycle (over 60 degrees Celsius) in the washing machine.
- Sixty years after the first washing machine, in 2005 the group acquired an established Russian washing machine brand, Vyatka, and its manufacturing site Vesta, in Kirov.
- Regulations for processing sensitive products such as food and pharmaceuticals require periodic thorough washing and sanitizing.
- The Australian Washing Association utilised the Ultimo House as its Sydney laundry washing location.
- As hand washing has been replaced by electric and mechanical washing machines, words and implements used for hand washing have fallen out of common use.
- Barge Washing- Using water to clean cargo from the deck and/or hopper of a barge. Typically conducted at a barge washing facility.
- Some constructions of top loading washing machines use impellers to agitate the laundry during washing.
- The next step of the actual production process is washing and scrubbing.
- Enzyme washing is considered more sustainable than stone washing or acid washing because it is more water efficient.
- Hand-washing dish detergent (washing up liquid) creates a large foam of bubbles which will leak from the dishwasher.
- For example, in a study of American washing machine owners, if the eligibility of research is defined as owning a washing machine then the IR will be the percentage of Americans who own a washing machine, out of the total number of Americans (meaning out of all Americans, whether they own a washing machine or not).
- Climate-friendly gardeners can use their gardens in ways which reduce greenhouse gases elsewhere, for example by using the sun and wind to dry washing on washing lines in the garden instead of using electricity generated by fossil fuel to dry washing in tumble dryers.
- The term "wash rack" is also used to describe pads for washing horses. Wash racks for vehicle washing may be called closed-loop washing systems, heavy duty wash systems and degreasing pads.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!