|NOUN || an eyelid | eyelids |
|SYNO ||eyelid | lid | palpebra|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Blepharochalasis is an inflammation of the eyelid that is characterized by exacerbations and remissions of eyelid edema, which results in a stretching and subsequent atrophy of the eyelid tissue, leading to the formation of redundant folds over the lid margins.
- Entropion, ectropion, ptosis, and eyelid tumors are commonly treated by various forms of eyelid surgery.
- Some groups of bony fish have a transparent eyelid known as the adipose eyelid.
- Ptosis caused by trauma can ensue after an eyelid laceration with transection of the upper eyelid elevators or disruption of the neural input.
- Eyelid surgery can be performed on upper and/or lower eyelids to reverse the effects of Graves' disease on the eyelids.
- East Asian blepharoplasty, also known as "double eyelid surgery", is a type of cosmetic surgery where the skin around the eye is reshaped (blepharoplasty).
- The "superior tarsal muscle" elevates the upper eyelid.
- Often in Asian cosmetics shops there are eyelid glues and tapes to stick the top of the eyelid skin together to create the illusion of a double eyelid.
- Floppy eyelid syndrome is thought to revolve around the upregulation of elastin-degrading enzymes, as well as mechanical factors.
- PERCLOS is a drowsiness detection measure, referred to as the percentage of eyelid closure over the pupil over time and reflects slow eyelid closures or droops rather than blinks.
- Eyelid glue, commonly called [...] , is a type of eye make-up used in East Asia designed to change the monolid (eyelid without a crease).
© dict.cc Serbian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!