|NOUN || a feather | feathers |
|VERB || to feather | feathered | feathered|
feathering | feathers
|SYNO ||feather | feathering | plumage | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Tyra signs her pots with a feather and a spider glyph. The feather represents her lineage to the Naha family through her grandmother, who signed with a feather glyph. The spider is her clan symbol.
- Psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) is a viral disease affecting all Old World and New World parrots.
- "Amaranthus hypochondriacus" is an ornamental plant commonly known as Prince-of-Wales feather or prince's-feather. The seeds also contain phenolic compounds.
- Feather-plucking, sometimes termed feather-picking, feather damaging behaviour or pterotillomania, although no empirical studies have been performed to test these ideas.
- In 1998, Chuong’s laboratory showed how FGF/BMP fulfills Turing activator / inhibitor criteria in feather periodic pattern formation.
- Although there are many different parts to a feather, all of the parts fall into two subsections of the feather.
- Feather eating is another potential cause to cannibalism.
- Another method is imping in a brightly colored false feather instead of a natural feather.
- Instead of the nappina the feather is held in place by a silver or golden colored metal wrap.
- The pin feather looks somewhat like a feather shaft.
- "Chloris virgata" is a species of grass known by the common names feather fingergrass feathery Rhodes-grass and feather windmillgrass.
- The name "Xōchiquetzal" is a compound of "xōchitl" (“flower”) and "quetzalli" (“precious feather; quetzal tail feather”).
© dict.cc Serbian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!