|SYNO ||asleep | at peace | at rest | ...|
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- She waited until the wife was asleep.
- Startled at the sudden change, he can’t figure out which world is real. He soon discovers that every time he falls asleep, he wakes up in the other world, until he falls asleep there.
- Nahoul states: "The cats here are asleep - the poor, wretched, imprisoned cats.
- The patient can have trouble falling asleep but once asleep will not cough.
- In 1983, a young boy named Billy Parks is frightened and has difficulty falling asleep after waking up from a nightmare.
- The classic example of this is falling asleep at the wheel of a car ("Kay v Butterworth").
- On September 10, 2012, Francesa fell asleep live on air during a segment with Yankees beat reporter Sweeny Murti.
- People with PLMD often have excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS), falling asleep during the day, trouble falling asleep at night, and difficulty staying asleep throughout the night.
- Paradoxical intention is a cognitive reframing technique where the insomniac, instead of attempting to fall asleep at night, makes every effort to stay awake (i.e. ...
- Sleep efficiency (SE) is the ratio between the time a person spends asleep, and the total time dedicated to sleep (i.e.
- It is most often that people lack sleep not because they cannot fall asleep but because they do not put themselves in the best situation to fall asleep.
- The power flickers. Steve boards up several windows. After consoling each other over what to do, Matt and Karen fall asleep. Steve falls asleep too.
- Carl-Johan Forssén Ehrlin is a Swedish author of the bestselling children's book "The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep", written to help parents get their children to fall asleep.
- During this trip, Luke and Kate go out for dinner and fall asleep together on the couch.
- Those who are trapped wait for other government scientists to find a cure while trying not to fall asleep―—sleep triggers the microorganism.
- By contrast, of 393 men sentenced to death for falling asleep on sentry duty in all theatres in the First World War, only two were executed (sentries were usually posted in pairs to keep one another awake; these two, who served in Mesopotamia, were made an example of because they were found sitting asleep together, suggesting that they had colluded).
© dict.cc Serbian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!