|NOUN || a victim | victims |
|SYNO ||dupe | victim|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Half-hanging is a method of torture, usually inflicted to force information from the victim, in which a rope is pulled tightly around the victim’s neck and then slackened when the victim becomes unconscious.
- While approaching the victim, the lifeguard should allow the rescue buoy to trail behind.
- Before adjusting the patient's position, the rescuer asks the victim to cough freely and with strength.
- MADD Canada's victim services programs support victims, train victim services volunteers, and deliver death notification training for medical, police, firefighter and victim services personnel.
- These requests may be for gas money, bus or airplane tickets to visit the victim, medical or education expenses.
- the next morning, after Roland and most of the victim's friends had left the lounge, the victim asked Martin for a ride home, and Martin agreed.
- Restorative justice principles require the offender to make amends to the victim and/or the community and provide opportunities for victims and community members to participate in the juvenile justice process, providing valued input in decision making.
- In 2011, it was revealed that evidence gathered in 2010 indicated that the victim had been dressed post mortem and that the clothes did not belong to the victim.
- ‘A belief by the victim or person reasonably assumed to be acting on behalf of the victim, that victim related crime has occurred is usually sufficient to justify its recording’.
- An increase in the physical distance between the observer and the victim increases the dehumanization of the observer in relation to the victim.
- Blackshades infects computer systems by downloading onto a victim's computer when the victim accesses a malicious webpage (sometimes downloading onto the victim's computer without the victim's knowledge, known as a drive-by download) or through external storage devices, such as USB flash drives.
- These elements make it easier for traffickers to gain the trust of the victim, recruit the victim, and exploit the victim.
- The wight pull its victim into the water, where the victim drowns while the wight dismember the victim.
- The NGO 'Estonian Crime Victim Support Society' has been in operation for over 20 years, and released a Victim Support Handbook in 2002 that led a debate about legislation dealing with victim support issues that ultimately cumulated in the Victim Support Act in 2003.
- If the driver removes the victim from the crash scene and runs away after abandoning the victim, Section 2 proscribes a minimum of three years imprisonment if the victim survives.
- In its extreme (and usual) form, this involves putting the victim on a strict "allowance", withholding money at will and forcing the victim to beg for the money until the abuser gives the victim some money.
- Ingestion: The victim's mouth should be rinsed at first. The victim should be given charcoal as a slurry (240 ml water/30 g charcoal). This is only possible when the victim is conscious.
- Typically when the victim is consumed orally, most of the time it's portrayed as soft vore; the victim is swallowed whole and enters the stomach of the victim, then either is kept there safely, or gets digested inside.
© dict.cc Swedish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!