|ADJ || waste | more waste | most waste |
|NOUN1 || a waste [large area of barren, typically uninhabited land] | [usually in the pl.] wastes |
|NOUN2 || waste [act or instance] | - |
|NOUN3 || waste [unwanted or unusable material] | wastes |
|VERB || to waste | wasted | wasted|
wasting | wastes
|SYNO ||barren | dissipation | godforsaken | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The European Commission has issued a Waste Directive that classifies amalgam waste as a hazardous waste.
- The waste management company of the district of Esslingen is responsible for waste disposal. There are separate collections for organic waste, household waste and paper.
- Veolia Environmental Services collects, recycles and treats waste.
- Refuse-derived fuel (RDF) is a fuel produced from various types of waste such as municipal solid waste (MSW), industrial waste or commercial waste.
- All six lots in EcoPark Phase I has been allocated for recycling of waste cooking oil, waste computer equipment, waste metals, waste wood, waste plastics and waste car batteries.
- Zero waste refers to waste prevention as opposed to end-of-pipe waste management.
- Waste management industry, or waste industry for short, subsumes all industrial branches concerned with waste management, waste dumping, waste recycling and - to a lesser degree - waste prevention.
- South Korean waste disposal policy (known as "jongnyangje") operates under the Ministry of Environment.
- Bio-waste is kitchen waste (raw or cooked food waste) and green waste (garden and park waste).
- Each wave of technology creates a set of waste previously unknown by humans: toxic waste, radioactive waste, electronic waste, plastic waste, space waste.
- The Kettleman Hills Hazardous Waste Facility, a large (...) hazardous waste and municipal solid waste disposal facility operated by Waste Management, Inc., is located [...] southwest of Kettleman City on State Route 41.
- The Area 5 Radioactive Waste Management Site covers [...] , a section of desert land used for low-level waste disposal. Mixed waste, including transuranic mixed waste, is stored.
© dict.cc Swedish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!