|NOUN || a corn bunting | corn buntings |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- It is named after the corn bunting "(Emberiza calandra)".
- For over 75 years the Trust has been conducting scientific research to understand why there have been declines in species such as the grey partridge, black grouse, water vole, corn bunting and brown hare.
- It is very popular with birdwatchers, as several rare species are either resident or seasonal visitors, notably the corn bunting.
- There are some invertebrates recorded, including marsh fritillary ("Euphydryas aurinia") and small heath ("Coenonympha pamphilus") butterflies, and a number of downland birds are present including the skylark, corn bunting and grey partridge.
- Typical farmland species such as the corn bunting, yellowhammer and barn owl also breed in the protected areas.
- The corn bunting ("Emberiza calandra") is a passerine bird in the bunting family Emberizidae, a group now separated by most modern authors from the finches, Fringillidae.
© dict.cc Turkish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!