|ADJ || fast | faster | fastest |
|NOUN || a fast | fasts |
|VERB || to fast | fasted | fasted|
fasting | fasts
|SYNO ||debauched | degenerate | degraded | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The United States has a large fast food industry. Some fast food chains in the United States include McDonald’s and Burger King.
- A break-fast follows each of the major Jewish fast days of Yom Kippur and Tisha B'Av, as well as the four minor fast days of Fast of Gedalia, Tenth of Tevet, Fast of Esther, and Seventeenth of Tammuz.
- A fast reactor uses no moderator, but relies on fission produced by unmoderated fast neutrons to sustain the chain reaction.
- The Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards, created in 1995, is a subset of the Fast 500 and represents an inner circle of winners.
- The fast version is actually fast enough to decode a movie in real-time.
- According to Gauze's bassist, Shin, their initial goal was to play as fast as possible. They attempted to give the impression of playing fast without actually playing fast.
- The movements are in the order slow-fast-slow as opposed to the fast-slow-fast of the traditional sonata.
- FASTA is pronounced "fast A", and stands for "FAST-All", because it works with any alphabet, an extension of the original "FAST-P" (protein) and "FAST-N" (nucleotide) alignment tools.
- The fast Fourier transform can be used to do fast convolution of count sketches.
- The Fast Breeder Reactor-600 (FBR-600) or Indian Fast Breeder Reactor (IFBR) or Commercial Fast Breeder Reactor (CFBR) is a 600-MWe fast breeder nuclear reactor design presently being designed as part of India's three-stage nuclear power programme to commercialise the Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor built at Kalpakkam.
- The four parts are in contrasting tempo, slow–fast–slow–fast.
- The players define how fast Kubi is moving by pressing the control pad and the buttons at the same time. Depending on how fast they are pressed Kubi moves fast or slow.
- Fast track events held during preliminary round and the winners of Fast Track events are automatically qualified to enter the semifinal round.
- A fast stagecoach named "Tally-ho" plied the [...] between London and Birmingham from 1823. Other fast coaches began to use the same name and it became a common description of a fast coach.
- Other pacemen surrounding that quartet included *Patrick Patterson (fast), *Colin Croft (fast) & *Sylvester Clarke (fast).
© dict.cc Croatian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!