|ADJ || fat | fatter | fattest |
|NOUN1 || a fat | fats |
|NOUN2 || fat | - |
|VERB || to fat | fatted | fatted|
fatting | fats
|SYNO ||adipose tissue | avoirdupois | blubber | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Trans fat content limited to 4% of total fat, 2% on products that contain more than 20% fat.
- Fethi is the Turkish spelling of the Arabic name Fathi (Arabic: فَتْحِي "fat·ḥiy/ fat·ḥī/ fat·ḥy") which means "victorious, triumphant".
- Enig co-wrote another book with Fallon called "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" which promotes what Enig considered "good" fats, and argued that many who follow low-fat diets feel low on energy because they are "fat deficient".
- Milk varies in fat content. Skim milk is milk with zero fat, while whole milk products contain fat.
- Each of the snack product lines has “better-for-you” options including 100-calorie packs, 94% Fat Free popcorn and both baked potato chips with 65% less fat than traditional potato chips and a reduced fat chip with 40% less fat.
- Raw soybeans are 20% fat, including saturated fat (3%), monounsaturated fat (4%) and polyunsaturated fat, mainly as linoleic acid (table).
- Apple butter can be used as a fat substitute in reduced-fat or fat-free cooking, as well as vegan recipes.
- Core fat is an Austrian term used to describe various animal products from the fatty tissue of domestic cattle.
- Fat hydrogenation is the process of combining fat – typically liquid vegetable oils – with hydrogen, to convert some or all of the unsaturated fat into saturated fat, resulting in a solid or semi-solid fat.
- According to the USDA, 100 grams of mustard oil contains 884 calories of food energy, and is 100% fat. The fat composition is 11% saturated fat, 59% monounsaturated fat, and 21% polyunsaturated fat.
- Hyman endorsed a low-carbohydrate high-fat diet in his books "Eat Fat Get Thin" and "The Eat Fat, Get Thin Cookbook", published in 2016.
- Amid rising concerns over fat intake and trans-fat, fat content was reduced and trans-fats were eliminated from Doritos, Tostitos, and Cheetos in 2004.
- Fat is one of the major components in tissue that can comprise 10-40% of tissue. Although not many mammalian fat spectra are available, Figure 4 shows an example extracted from pig fat.
- Bacon-flavored spirit infusions can be made by adding liquid rendered bacon fat, stirring, freezing and then removing the solidified fat off the top. The process is known as 'fat-washing'.
- Hazelnuts are a rich source of dietary fat, accounting for 93% DV in a 100-gram amount.
© dict.cc Croatian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!