|NOUN || a macadamia | macadamias |
|SYNO ||macadamia | macadamia tree|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation is the world's largest processor of macadamia seeds.
- Embu County is known for macadamia owing to the fact that it is the largest producer of macadamia in the African Great Lakes.
- PEG-16 macadamia glycerides is the polyethylene glycol derivative of the mono- and diglycerides derived from macadamia nut oil by ethoxylation with an average of ethylene glycol units.
- Macadamia oil (or macadamia nut oil) is the non-volatile oil collected from the nuts of the macadamia ("Macadamia integrifolia"), a native Australian plant.
- Brewer instead decided to expand its macadamia nut operations.
- Apart from the macadamia nut, with the first small-scale commercial plantation being planted in Australia in the 1880s, no native food plants were produced commercially until the 1990s.
- It contains farmland and areas of rainforest, and is known for dairy and macadamia farming. The closest village, Dunoon, is called the Macadamia Capital of Australia.
- In 2015, Hawaiian Host strengthened its business by acquiring the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- It is a major player in the global macadamia nuts market.
- In 1882 a handful of macadamia seeds were taken from trees in Gympie to Hawaii, where they became the basis of Hawaii's macadamia industry.
- Ian McConachie was made a Member of the Order of Australia in 2006 for his contributions to the macadamia industry as a grower and exporter.
- "Xylorycta luteotactella", commonly known as the macadamia twig girdler, is a moth of the family Xyloryctidae.
- In 1882, Purvis introduced macadamia seeds into the Hawaiian Islands after he visited Australia.
- The company's products include 70g camel milk chocolate bars in several flavours: whole milk, nuts and cocoa 70% (dark), Arabia (with a mix of Arabian spices such as cardamom and cinnamon), macadamia orange and dates; camel-shaped chocolates, Camel Caravan, with macadamia nut and honey cream filling; hollow camel figures; and various kinds of pralines.
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!