|ADJ || abandoned | more abandoned | most abandoned |
|VERB || to abandon | abandoned | abandoned|
abandoning | abandons
|SYNO ||abandoned | derelict | deserted|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Several inventories were not geographically complete at the time the project was abandoned.
- At least some of this trackage has since been abandoned, including the Clinton-to-Strong City route which was abandoned around 1981.
- Mulgildie railway station is an abandoned railway station on the abandoned Mungar Junction to Monto railway line (...).
- The modern settlement was initially populated by hunters from now-abandoned villages to Kiatassuaq's south: Inussulik Bay, Sugar Loaf Bay, and Tasiusaq Bay.
- Redevelopment is underway for some of the abandoned industrial facilities, with the abandoned Oliver Corporation buildings being the most recent example of reclaimed property.
- Regazzoni often used abandoned hangars as studios, and he called them his "railway castles". He also converted abandoned wagons into places of residence.
- The branch was abandoned south of Oleander Junction in 2002. This abandoned segment is currently planned to become the Ludlam Trail linear park.
- In addition, there is also abandoned temple that have been built since the Ayutthaya period, namely Wat Suan Sawan, or locally known as Bot Rang ("abandoned sanctuary").
- Leland Kent is an American photographer known for photographing abandoned and forgotten places across the Southeast.
- The tramroad from Pwll Du to Llanfoist was abandoned in 1861 after the railway reached Blaenavon and Garnddyrys Forge was abandoned.
- She was seduced by Min Kyawzwa when they were both humans and abandoned. She helps women abandoned by husbands or lovers.
- Emigrants or their abandoned neighbors often wrote the phrase on doors of abandoned houses or posted as a sign on fences.
- Multiple tracks, including "Buildings", allude to abandoned city scenes, which were inspired by Renkse's and Nyström's visiting of abandoned train tunnels and hospitals in abandoned villages in Sweden.
- Today the site remains abandoned and deteriorating. Photography of the island shows abandoned buildings, radar towers and communications antennas, all in a highly deteriorated state.
- Today the site remains abandoned and deteriorating. Aerial imagery clearly shows abandoned buildings, radar towers and communications antennas, all in a highly deteriorated state.
- Many smaller stations were abandoned. In addition, with the exception of the Eichenberg-Kassel main line, all the diverging routes were abandoned, at least for passengers.
- There are many factors and reasons as to why a community becomes abandoned (or nearly abandoned).
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!