|ADJ || abdominal | - | - |
|NOUN || an abdominal | abdominals |
|SYNO ||ab | abdominal | abdominal muscle|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Rifaximin may be useful as a treatment for IBS symptoms, including abdominal bloating and flatulence, although relief of abdominal distension is delayed.
- An abdominal CT scan is the most commonly used modality to confirm the diagnosis, although abdominal ultrasound can also contribute. Two remained cryptogenic.
- Hypopressive exercises also involve the transverse abdominal, but they are based upon reflex contraction of the abdominal wall, rather than voluntary contractions that are a feature of traditional abdominal exercises.
- Abdominal obesity is a condition where abdominal fat or visceral fat, has built up excessively between the abdominal organs.
- The abdominal internal oblique muscle, also internal oblique muscle or interior oblique, is an abdominal muscle in the abdominal wall that lies below the external oblique muscle and just above the transverse abdominal muscle.
- In males, glandular setae or disculi may be visible along the first abdominal sternite. External genital organs are present on the eighth abdominal segment.
- In pregnancy uterine rupture may cause a viable abdominal pregnancy. This is what accounts for most abdominal pregnancy births.
- As an embryo develops, the various abdominal organs grow into the abdominal cavity from structures in the abdominal wall.
- There is low-quality evidence that abdominal ultrasound has 63% sensitivity and 68% specificity in diagnosing abdominal tuberculosis when tuberculosis is bacteriologically confirmed in HIV-positive individuals.
- Omphalocele or omphalocoele also called exomphalos, is a rare abdominal wall defect.
- The abdominal approach carries a small risk of impotence in males (e.g. 1-2% in abdominal rectopexy). Abdominal operations may be open or laparoscopic (keyhole surgery).
- Among termite species in the Apicotermitinae that are soldierless or where soldiers are rare, mouth secretions are commonly replaced by abdominal dehiscence.
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!