|NOUN || an abdominal cavity | abdominal cavities |
|SYNO ||abdomen | abdominal cavity|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Only two months later (19 October 2004), a hematoma in the abdominal cavity was surgically removed.
- Fatback is "hard fat" and is distinct from the visceral fat that occurs in the abdominal cavity which is called "soft fat" and is used to produce leaf lard.
- Diseases affecting the abdominal cavity are dealt with generally under their own names (e.g. ...
- Occluding or removing both fallopian tubes decreases the likelihood that a sexually transmitted infection can ascend from the vagina to the abdominal cavity, causing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) or a tubo-ovarian abscess.
- One argument for the evolution of external testes is that it protects the testes from abdominal cavity pressure changes caused by jumping and galloping.
- Inhalation and exhalation are brought about by alternately increasing and decreasing the volume of the entire thoraco-abdominal cavity (or coelom) using both their abdominal and costal muscles.
- The ascending colon runs upwards through the abdominal cavity toward the transverse colon for approximately eight inches (20 cm).
- Wastes and excess water move from the blood, across the peritoneal membrane and into a special dialysis solution, called dialysate, in the abdominal cavity.
- A woman with ectopic pregnancy may be excessively mobile with upright posturing, in order to decrease intrapelvic blood flow, which can lead to swelling of the abdominal cavity and cause additional pain.
- The intestines, liver, and spleen sit in the abdominal cavity.
- The testicles are located in the scrotum and thus outside the abdominal cavity.
- Some of the acanthocephalans (perforating acanthocephalans) can insert their proboscis in the intestine of the host and open the way to the abdominal cavity.
- The peritoneum is the serous membrane forming the lining of the abdominal cavity or coelom in amniotes and some invertebrates, such as annelids.
- It is in the left upper quadrant of the abdominal cavity.
- In the meninges for example the fluid is cerebrospinal fluid; in the abdominal cavity the fluid contained in the peritoneum is a serous fluid.
- Inspired air moves into the respiratory system as a result of the expansion of thoraco abdominal cavity; controlled by inspiratory muscles.
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!