To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- The first large parabolic antenna, a 9 m dish, was built in 1937 by pioneering radio astronomer Grote Reber in his backyard, and the sky survey he did with it was one of the events that founded the field of radio astronomy.
- It also honors the discoverer's father, Franz Wolf, a physician and amateur astronomer who fostered his son's interest in astronomy by setting up a small observatory in the backyard when Max was sixteen.
- When the university declined his request to fund an astronomy program, he purchased telescopes from France with his own money in 1824.
- Built in 2000, the observatory has a Meade LX200R 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain F/10 telescope, purchased and on loan from Ohio State University Astronomy Dept.
- This is in contrast with the situation in the United States; there, where amateurs had played such an important role in the birth of this new science, amateurs were tightly interwoven in all US radio astronomy work.
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!