|ADJ || future | - | - |
|NOUN1 || (the) future | - |
|NOUN2 || a future | futures |
|SYNO ||future | future tense | futurity | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Peter travels four years into the future with his future self, where they discover Kaito's formula is being used to administer adrenal power enhancements to ordinary people, some of whom are unable or unwilling to control their abilities.
- Two future tenses are distinguished. Future I is used for any reference time in the future, Future II has the meaning of future anterior.
- Future governor of Minnesota Samuel Rinnah Van Sant served in the regiment, as did future Nebraska governor Albinus Nance and future Wisconsin legislator Stewart J. Bailey.
- Since these future changes are highly uncertain, one approach is that of scenario analysis.
- The movie is notable as the film debut of future Academy Award nominee Anna Kendrick, future three-time Tony nominee Robin de Jesús, future "The Voice" contestant Sasha Allen, and future Broadway performers DeQuina Moore and Steven Cutts.
- In 1993 and 1994, he was a Mouseketeer on "The All-New Mickey Mouse Club", where his castmates included future girlfriend and singer Britney Spears, future tourmate Christina Aguilera, future bandmate JC Chasez, and future movie actors Ryan Gosling and Keri Russell.
- Eileen uses visual language to report on emergent knowledge and future trends, including the Future of Learning in affiliation with Institute for the Future (since 1999), future workforce/workplaces through the Future of Talent (since 2003), and Co-Evolution of Tools and Technology inspired by her work with inventor Doug Engelbart (since 2002).
- "The Future Is Wild" explores twelve different future ecosystems across three future time periods: 5 million years in the future, 100 million years in the future, and 200 million years in the future.
- In June 2013, SSHRC's governing council endorsed six future challenge areas developed during its Imagining Canada's Future initiative, with a goal of addressing Canada's future societal challenges and meeting future opportunities through social sciences and humanities research.
- This is the first of five future-themed episodes. It was followed by "Bart to the Future" in season 11, "Future-Drama" in season 16, "Holidays of Future Passed" in season 23, and "Days of Future Future" in season 25.
- The women's field included future Olympic silver medalist Kristie Moore (second for Alberta), future world champion Jeanna Richard (British Columbia) and future Scotties champion Heather Godberson (Alberta).
- Both the present and the future can express future actions, the latter more explicitly so. There are also expressions that convey the future.
- Entering parliament at this election were future Prime Ministers Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard, future Liberal deputy leader and future Minister of Foreign Affairs Julie Bishop, and future Speaker Anna Burke.
- There are two different future tenses in Zulu, the "immediate future" and "distant future". They are essentially identical in form, with "z" in the immediate future versus "y" in the remote future.
- Zimbardo and Boyd's time perspective theory, which differentiates between several future time perspectives (general or basic, future transcendental, future negative, and future positive), has been applied in time perspective coaching and time perspective therapy.
- House members included future Governor Dolph Briscoe, future federal judge Barefoot Sanders and future Congressmen Kika de la Garza and Joe Pool, as well as future Texas Attorney General Waggoner Carr, and future Texas Agriculture Commissioner Jack Hightower along with future Land Commissioner Jerry Sadler.
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!