|NOUN || a valve | valves |
|VERB || to valve | valved | valved|
valving | valves
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Adams is a recognized leader in the field of heart valve surgery and mitral valve reconstruction.
- In 1968, he collaborated with American engineer Donald Shiley to develop the Björk–Shiley valve, a mechanical prosthetic heart valve.
- The combination of 3/2 direction control valve, reservoir and flow control valve is time delay valve.
- Valve spring failures are known to affect late production 2002-mid 2003 Z06s.
- 'Valve bounce' is a related condition where the valve does not stay seated because of the combined effects of the valve's inertia and resonance of metallic valve springs that reduce the closing force and allow the valve to re-open partially.
- The axial flow valve, or Thayer valve, is a brass instrument valve design for trombone F attachments, patented in 1978 by Orla Ed Thayer.
- The K-series engine features intelligent VTEC (or i-VTEC), which electronically adjusts valve lift, valve duration and valve timing, giving the 2.0 L engine a flatter torque curve relative to previous VTEC implementations which only adjusted valve lift and valve duration.
- Endocardial cushion defects are associated with abnormalities of the atrioventricular valves (the mitral valve and the tricuspid valve).
- In January 2019 purchased Cephea Valve Technologies, Inc. which is developing a less-invasive replacement heart valve for people with mitral valve disease.
- A check valve, non-return valve, reflux valve, retention valve, foot valve, or one-way valve is a valve that normally allows fluid (liquid or gas) to flow through it in only one direction.
- The most commonly used valves include the hydrophilic valve, the hydrophobic valve, the syphon valve and sacrificial valve.
- Trombone F attachment valves are usually rotary, although the desire to maintain "openness" through the valve section by eliminating 90° bends in the valve and tubing has led to many radical valve designs since the 1970s, such as the Thayer axial flow valve and Hagmann valve.
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!