|NOUN || a zucchini | zucchini / zucchinis |
|SYNO ||courgette | zucchini|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Kayseri has several culinary specialities including mantı, pastırma and sucuk. Another speciality is stuffed zucchini flowers made with köfte, garlic and spices. Nevzine is a traditional dessert.
- Putucusi (possibly from Quechua "phutu" bud, "-q" a suffix, "k'usi" a cucurbit species, a small zucchini or "Cucurbita pepo", "budding zucchini (or "Cucurbita pepo")") is a round-shaped mountain located on the opposite side (northeast) of the Urubamba River to Machu Picchu in the Cusco Region of Peru.
- Pumpkins, zucchini, acorn squash, others.
- In Naples, parmigiana is also prepared using zucchini or artichokes in place of eggplants.
- Greek-style tzatziki sauce is commonly served as a meze, to be eaten with bread, fried eggplant, or zucchini.
- As it is a "heimish" or homestyle dish, there are many variations of yapchik including those made with red potatoes, zucchini, or pulled beef.
- Kabaklı peynirli börek (Turkish: Kabaklı peynirli börek) is a savory Turkish börek made from phyllo and stuffed with a filling made primarily of zucchini and beyaz peynir.
- Cultivars of Korean zucchini include 'Seoulmadi', 'Bulam-sacheol', and 'Miso'.
- Kolokythopita (Greek: Κολοκυθόπιτα) is a savory Greek pie made from phyllo and stuffed with a filling made primarily of zucchini and feta.
- "Dolma" is a traditional Azerbaijani food, prepared by filling an eggplant, capsicum, tomato or zucchini with a mixture of meat, split pea, onion and various spices.
- Ordinary zucchini fruit are any shade of green, though the golden zucchini is a deep yellow or orange.
- Bieler promoted pseudoscientific claims of zucchini squash curing disease.
- Zucchini are widely used; the largest ones are fried with vinegar and fresh mint ("a scapece"). The male flowers of zucchini can be fried in a salty dough (" [...] ").
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!