|NOUN || a backup | backups |
|VERB || to backup | backed up | backed up|
backing up | backs up
|SYNO ||accompaniment | backing | backup | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- providing block-level corruption detection during backup and restore processes.
- On a backup network, there is no need for hosts to reach each other.
- The rdiff-backup script maintains a backup mirror of a file or directory either locally or remotely over the network on another server.
- The built-in backup utility allows users to backup or restore RAM contents from an inserted memory card. Multiple backup files could be maintained on a single card.
- A differential backup is a cumulative backup of "all" changes made since the last "full or normal" backup, i.e., the "differences" since the last full backup.
- Conner Software owned the Backup Exec brand of backup software, while Quest owned the source code behind Symantec Corporation’s Norton Antivirus Backup for the DOS, Windows, and Macintosh computing platforms of the time.
- A single Backup Exec server is assigned the standalone Backup Exec server role.
- MSP360 Backup and MSP360 Explorer are offered for personal use in a “freemium” model.
- IDrive provides multiple data retrieval options. Backup files can be accessed remotely from any Internet browser or with IDrive's client software.
- In general, this method of external backup is highly effective when the backup solution supports incremental or differential backups.
- In 2009, Dmailer came out with its backup software called “Dmailer Backup” which is shipped with Maxell, EdgeTech, Verbatim and Lexar portable drives.
- Microsoft Tape Format (MTF) is the tape format used by several backup tools for the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Backup & Restore (BR) is a distributed backup and restore tool for TiDB cluster data. It offers high backup and restore speeds for large-scale TiDB clusters.
- Online backup is a special kind of online storage service; however, various products that are designed for file storage may not have features or characteristics that others designed for backup have.
© dict.cc Icelandic-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!