|ADJ || tattooed | more tattooed | most tattooed |
|VERB || to tattoo | tattooed | tattoed|
tattooing | tattoos
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- He has Ariana's name tattooed on his right arm. He has Emma's name and date of birth tattooed on his left arm.
- The elephant (gajah) design motive is tattooed on the man's ribs to protect his sides from ripping.
- Harder rockers often had small red stars with black/blue outlines tattooed on their faces (usually cheeks) and ears.
- Tattooed mummies dating to c. 500 BC were extracted from burial mounds on the Ukok plateau during the 1990s.
- Larkin has been tattooed by artists all over the world.
- He grew up as a "bright, bookish boy" who toughened up with age. On Lacey's knuckles are tattooed the words "Hold Fast," a famous sailor's motto that was also tattooed on his father's fingers.
- Tattooed ladies were working class women who acquired tattoos and performed in circuses, sideshows, and dime show museums as means for earning a substantial living.
- The Romans tattooed criminals and slaves, and in the 19th century released U.S.
- He tattooed his mother's name, Magales, on his left forearm in 2011. He also tattooed his surname on his back.
- He vowed to have Petty's signature tattooed if the photos were retweeted 43,000 times.
- Olga was not tattooed on arrival to the camp, but was tattooed later with the number 25,403 on her right arm when she obtained a position at the infirmary in Birkenau.
- Betty Broadbent (November 1, 1909 – March 28, 1983), also known as the “Tattooed Venus”, is regarded as the most photographed tattooed lady of the 20th century.
- The project saw 23 participants getting tattooed by Campbell through a hole in a wall.
- He is most renowned for having over 200 world flags tattooed on his body, including 49 flags on his face and head.
- Men who were tattooed but have not participated in battles were scorned as "halo" (monitor lizard), in the sense of being tattooed but undeserving.
- Suniula has been tattooed by internationally renowned artist Steve Ma Ching, who also tattooed rugby players DJ Forbes and Sonny Bill Williams.
- While at Buchenwald, Koch engaged in gruesome experiments; selected tattooed prisoners were murdered and skinned to retrieve the tattooed parts of their bodies.
- Aside from prestige and ritual importance, tattoos were also considered aesthetically pleasing. Tattooed women are traditionally considered beautiful ([...] or [...]), while tattooed men were considered strong (...).
© dict.cc Icelandic-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!