|SYNO ||ninefold | nine times|
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The prevalence of HIV/AIDS among Black men is seven times higher than the prevalence for White men, and Black men are more than nine times as likely to die from HIV/AIDS-related illness than White men.
- Carter has been nominated nine times for the Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for audio recordings of his books, and has won three times—for "Our Endangered Values: America's Moral Crisis" (2007), "A Full Life: Reflections at 90" (2016) and "Faith: A Journey For All" (2019).
- One noted success was that of Yaakov Meridor, who escaped nine times before finally reaching Europe in April 1948.
- For example, while the Northern Region, one of ten administrative regions, showed a density of seventeen persons per square kilometer in 1984, in the same year Greater Accra Region recorded nine times the national average of 52 per square kilometer.
- If the dog goes unwillingly down the path, it must be walked back and forth up to nine times to ensure that Nasu has been driven off (Vd. ...
- Agassi and Stefan Edberg played nine times, and Agassi led their head-to-head series 6–3.
- It would be another 16 years until the team would have another winning record though they made the playoffs nine times in that span.
- It has only voted for a Democratic president nine times since statehood, and has not supported a Democrat for president since 1964.
- He has won the Dutch Chess Championship nine times and has been a Candidate for the World Chess Championship several times.
- Metz Handball has won the French Women's First League championship 23 times, the Women's France Cup nine times, and the French Women's League Cup eight times.
- In a long career spanning more than 60 years, Lee often portrayed villains, and appeared as Count Dracula in seven Hammer Horror films, ultimately playing the role nine times.
- Vertical video ads like Snapchat’s are watched in their entirety nine times more frequently than landscape video ads.
- Thus, these models emitted nitrogen oxide at up to nine times the legal limit when the car detected that it was not hooked up to emissions testing equipment.
- Trakehners won gold and silver medals in two Olympics, including six gold medals in Berlin in 1936, and won Czechoslovakia's notoriously challenging Velká pardubická steeplechase nine times.
- The bolometric luminosity of the primary is about 20,500 times that of the Sun, and nine times the luminosity of its companion.
- Besides the eleven regional championships they won the German championship for a total of nine times.
- The famine of 1695–1696 killed roughly 10% of Norway's population. The harvest failed in Scandinavia at least nine times between 1740 and 1800, with great loss of life.
- The King of the Ryukyu Kingdom also had to kneel three times on the ground and touch his head nine times to the ground (...), to show his allegiance to the Chinese emperors.
- As he did not fit into Rijkaard's plans he was again loaned out the following year, this time to Sevilla FC who were seeking to replace Real Madrid-bound Júlio Baptista; with the Andalusians he won his first title in Europe, conquering the UEFA Cup — he also scored nine times in the league, good enough for fifth.
© dict.cc Latin-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!