|NOUN || vigilance | - |
|SYNO ||alertness | vigilance | wakefulness | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Kashani insists upon the importance of Murâbtatah, or vigilance, as a kind of relationship that one may develop with his own soul. The virtue of vigilance can be divided into five stages.
- Vigilance is an important trait for animals in order to watch out for predators.
- A dead-man's vigilance device (also called the Driver Vigilance Device or DVD for short) is a railroad safety device that operates in the case of incapacitation of the driver.
- In February 2014 the levels were simplified to 'vigilance' (or surveillance) and 'attack alert'.
- On 27 March 2017, the French National Assembly adopted a law entitled “Devoir de vigilance des entreprises donneuses d'ordre”, whose title has been translated into English as a "duty of vigilance" or "duty of care".
- His role in this post was as chief vigilance officer in accord with Central Vigilance Commission guidelines.
- Vigilance. The scalp recorded EEG is sensitive to changes in vigilance.
- Telecom Enforcement Resource and Monitoring (TERM), formerly known as Vigilance Telecom Monitoring (VTM), is the vigilance and monitoring wing of the Indian Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
- R Sri Kumar is a vigilance commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission, India. He assumed the role on September 8, 2010.
- The vigilance team conducted raids simultaneously at his houses at Kannur and Kozhikode for allegedly amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
- Reductions in arousal generally correspond to reductions in vigilance.
© dict.cc Latin-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!