To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- When both layouts were in use, HCESAR was called "teclado nacional" (national keyboard) and AZERTY "teclado internacional" (international keyboard).
- AZERTY and QZERTY keyboards (as used in much of Europe) include precomposed characters (accented letters) as standard and these are fully supported by Microsoft Windows, typically accessed using the AltGr key.
- The double guillemets are standard keys on AZERTY and French Canadian QWERTY keyboards and some others.
- The numero symbol is not in common use in France and does not appear on a standard AZERTY keyboard.
- On April 2, 2019, the norm had been published by AFNOR along with the improved azerty keyboard.
- Fleksy is available in 65 languages and QWERTY, AZERTY, QWERTZ, Dvorak, and Colemak layouts on Android and iOS.
- Version with AZERTY keyboard exists also.
- The AZERTY layout appeared in France in the last decade of the 19th century as a variation on American QWERTY typewriters.
- Minitel terminals use the AZERTY keyboard most commonly used in France (as opposed to the QWERTY keyboard more common in the English-speaking world).
- On older typewriters, [...] was located where [...] would be in the French AZERTY layout. Alternatively, a hyphen can be overstruck onto a D.
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!