|NOUN || an away team | away teams |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Meetings traditionally consist of two teams riding against each other with four riders in each race with two home team riders and two away team riders.
- Tacoma is home to the all-female flat track roller derby league Dockyard Derby Dames, which fields an away team. Many golf clubs and courses are located in Tacoma including Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
- Yar forms part of the away team that beams down to Vagra II to rescue Deanna Troi from a crashed shuttlecraft in "Skin of Evil".
- On Trialis IV, the away team find an abandoned building where the young Augments were raised and schooled by "father" Soong.
- In a 2012 survey carried out by the Norwegian Players' Association among away-team captains, Brann Stadion was ranked eighth amongst league stadiums, with a score of 3.47 on a scale from one to five.
- 6%), and the away team won 1,149 games (47.4%). These totals do not include the six games played at neutral sites (though all of the neutral-site games had a designated "home" team).
- The ICC announced that this would be implemented in the 2019 Ashes series between Australia and England, giving Australia (the away team) the comparative advantage to either bat first or field first.
- Where opposing sports teams have their names separated by a "v" (for versus), the away team can be written first – and the normal "v" replaced with @ to convey at which team's home field the game will be played.
- Some competitions, such as the FA Cup employ a system of replays where the drawn match is repeated at the ground of the away team in the first game.
- Regardless of being the home or away team of record, each team has their team logo and wordmark painted in one of the end zones.
- Suddenly, the away team's runabout detaches from the station and explodes, stranding them inside with no means to send for help and under threat from the two recently-awoken Cardassians.
- Portsmouth, as the away team, wore a white and maroon kit inspired from elements of the original "Shrimps" era (1899–1909) kit in which maroon collars and cuffs featured on the salmon pink home shirts.
- In 2014, North Melbourne put forward a proposal in which the away team's club songs would no longer be played at their home matches, however, this was quickly rejected by the Australian Football League.
- In 2013 the first round consisted of 12 games and each team faced the other teams twice, one as home club and the other as an away team; from 2014 on, with the return of Cuban teams to the tournament, the first stage was changed to a round robin of 10 games where each team faced the other teams once.
- The East Stand opened in 1996; it was renamed in 2000 after the Lisbon Lions, the Celtic team that won the 1967 European Cup Final. Away team fans are housed in the Lisbon Lions Stand, in the south east corner of the ground.
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!