|ADJ || awkwardly | more awkwardly | most awkwardly |
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- On Sunday, Saint attends the roast she was invited to, although everybody is acting awkwardly towards each other.
- Around the time of Chrysler's takeover, Maxwell was also in the process of merging, awkwardly at best, with the ailing Chalmers Automobile Company.
- Falling awkwardly in the 76th minute of the home game against Grimsby Town on 14 October 2006, which Swindon won 3–0, Brezovan suffered a broken arm.
- Buffy: Hi." (awkwardly)" How've you been?
- On April 19, 2016, Layne injured his right leg after jumping and landing awkwardly while attempting to avoid being hit by a batted ball.
- Against Aston Villa on 5 December, Bullard went up for an aerial challenge against James Milner and landed awkwardly, injuring his knee.
- After attending Purcell's funeral, Gannon awkwardly expresses his feelings of love to Wade.
- Guides typically seek a principle that will yield uniformity, even for foreign words that fit awkwardly with standard English punctuation.
- Film historian and critic Leonard Maltin called "It Conquered the World" "... well acted and interesting but awkwardly plotted".
- In the autumn of 2017 he fell awkwardly and was left without the use of his left arm.
- The Wikimedia Foundation runs fundraising campaigns asking Indian people to donate. One news source described that request for money as awkwardly emotional.
- Goldsmith wrote that the author "folds in Spanish without awkwardly translating each instance" and uses a "fluid and literary" narrative style.
- The film was considered by most reviews to be told straightforwardlya and uncontrived, albeit slightly awkwardly. The script however was seen as substandard.
- In the credits scene, Ian asks the Dean (Jim Rash) for a restaurant recommendation, and they awkwardly try to figure out whether or not they will have lunch together.
- Guy Lodge from Variety stated in 2014, "considerably less innovative than its human subject", "disappointingly by-the-numbers treatment" and "awkwardly structured".
- The five episode arc concerns a May–December romance between a quiet woman and an awkwardly forward young man.
- His left-arm spin is also said to “come out awkwardly” and lack deceit, with Dar preferring to dismiss the batsman rather than contain him.
- Wagner awkwardly complies. Gabriel turns out to be a vegetarian. And a bed wetter.
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!