|NOUN || an ayatollah | ayatollahs |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The most senior ayatollahs are described as "Grand Ayatollah" or "Marja.
- Since the 1979 revolution, it has largely become the body to keep the regime's registrar of who counts as a grand ayatollah, an Ayatollah and a Hojjat ul Islam.
- Pakravan confirms the well-known story that her husband saved Ayatollah Khomeini's life in 1963.
- ... born 1947) is an Iranian Shia cleric/ayatollah who was born in a religious family in Savadkuh, Mazandaran.
- Ayatollah Ahmad Mojtahedi Tehrani (Persian: احمد مجتهدی تهرانی) was an Iranian Twelver Shia ayatollah/scholar who was born on 2 October 1923 in Tehran in a religious family.
- After Iranian Revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini proposed to call the interval between the two dates as Islamic unity week.
- In Twelver Shia the title is awarded to scholars. It was originally applied as an honorific to leading scholars, but now the use indicates a status in the hierarchy of the learned below ayatollah.
- Ayatollah Sayyid Muhammad Ali al-Hakim (1911–2011) was a high-ranking Shiite ayatollah. Ayatollah Muhammad al-Hakim was the father of the Grand Ayatollah Mohammad Saeed Al-Hakim.
- It was established by grand ayatollah Mohammad Kazem Shariatmadari, who opened it in 1973 as a section of his hawza Dar al-Tabligh.
- Some believe that Qaramalik was supporting grand ayatollah Hasan Mojtahed Tabrizi.
- After the Supreme leader of Iran ayatollah Ali Khamenei banned the import of British and US vaccines against COVID-19 in January 2021, General Naqdi commented that the ayatollah "does not recommend the injection of any foreign vaccine", because the genetic material (mRNA) it contains instructs cells to produce proteins.
- Banisadr was born on 22 March 1933 in Hamadān. His father was an ayatollah and close to Ruhollah Khomeini. Banisadr studied law, theology, and sociology at University of Tehran.
- The main character of the novel, Xavras Wyżryn, is a character referring to Polish 19th-century romantic national liberation traditions, but at the same time, a terrorist using nuclear weapons, described as "the ayatollah of [...] Catholic jihad".
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!