To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The official's car then tried to pass him and ran over Skibby's back wheel, narrowly missing his leg.
- The rider must first grasp the handlebar and place one foot on a peg above the back wheel.
- In the stadium section, Rainey tried to go through the inside of Doohan, but going off the racing line proved too slippery and he had to sit-up and got Schwantz on his back wheel.
- Rainey, not wanting to let Schwantz through, almost hits Schwantz’ back wheel and loses a lot of time.
- In 1994, Dunlop suffered a major accident on the Isle of Man Formula One TT, when the back wheel of his 750 cm3 Honda RC45 collapsed in a long left turn, just after he took the jump over Ballaugh Bridge.
- The riding style on the tarmac section is noticeably different from other forms of tarmac-based racing, with a different line into corners, sliding of the back wheel around the corner, and using the leg straight out to corner (as opposed to the noticeable touching of the bent knee to the tarmac of road racers).
- Brakes can be placed on the front and/or back wheel(s).
- Running second behind Marco Simoncelli on the penultimate lap who tried to defend his lead by changing his line on the straight, Barberá slipstreamed onto Simoncelli's back wheel and clipped it with his front brake lever.
- This sprag clutch was a forerunner to today’s slipper clutches affording a slight amount of slip on overrun in the attempt to stop the back wheel from locking.
- The next season in 1993 he just missed out on winning the British 250cc Championship (which he had dominated) after the camera he was carrying for TV came loose and jammed his back wheel in the final race causing him to crash.
- This machine had four wheel drive and front and back wheel steering.
- With a lead of nearly two minutes, he began the climb but when started to slow, the race commissaire following close behind in his car - pressured by the encroaching peloton - ordered his driver to move so they knocked Skibby who fell to the ground then the car ran over his back wheel, just narrowly missing his leg and ending his race.
- His back wheel hit the top of the van while his front wheel hit the top of the landing ramp.
- The stoppie is a motorcycle and bicycle trick in which the back wheel is lifted by abruptly applying the front brake, then, by carefully reducing the brake pressure, the bike is ridden for a short distance on the front wheel.
- Collins took second when Moss lost a back wheel on the climb after the Eau Rouge bridge.
- Tradition dictates that you start the ride by dipping your back wheel in the Irish Sea and only ends when your front wheel gets a dip in the North Sea at the finish.
- A race at Shizuoka velodrome on 2 January 2008 was declared a failure when the back wheel of the pacer's bicycle nicked the bicycle of an actual competitor, causing him to fall.
- Giménez had the lead with Martens on his outside; Lenormand hit Martens's back wheel while trying to pass him.
- The stock bike made [...] ([...] at the back wheel) at 7500 rpm – very fast for the time. A contemporary of the RD is the Kawasaki H2 750cc Triple that produced 74 hp.
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!