|NOUN || a favourite writer | favourite writers |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The author of Peter's favourite book, "The Happy Nappy". He is Henry's least favourite writer and only appears in "Horrid Henry's Author Visit".
- He lists as his favourite writer Joseph Conrad, and among his favourite books "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoy and "Stone City" by Mitchell Smith.
- Michael Broadbent admires the "pure poetry" of his writing, calling Simon his favourite writer.
- Following his 1992 motion picture "Dien Bien Phu", Schoendoerffer spent three years working on the screen adaptation of his favourite writer Joseph Conrad's "Typhoon" (1902).
- Some are more academic and scholarly, while others are more social groups of amateurs who appreciate a chance to discuss their favourite writer with other hobbyists.
- There Jacob does a poor reenactment of the final scene of "Sleepless in Seattle" which he watched after learning Nora Ephron was Blake's favourite writer.
- Biković is a close friend of his "Montevideo, God Bless You!" fellow Petar Strugar. Biković cited Zoran Radmilović as his role model, and Fyodor Dostoyevsky as his favourite writer.
- Young Joanne finds that the horror creations of her favourite writer are crashing terrifyingly into her real life.
- Mirjavadov is a fan of mugham and his favourite writer is Chingiz Abdullayev.
- "Walk&Talk: A Conversation with a Favourite Writer" is one of the side activities at the conference where the audience has the opportunity to walk the streets of Novi Sad in the company of a writer they choose by voting before the event.
- Moore not only won "favourite writer in both the US and UK categories", but had his work win for favourite comic book, supporting character, and new title in the US; and character, continuing story and "character worthy of own title" in the UK (in which last category his works held all top three spots).
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!