|NOUN || a fax | faxes |
|VERB || to fax | faxed | faxed|
faxing | faxes
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The Do Not Call Register scheme gives Australians the opportunity to 'opt-out' of receiving most telemarketing calls and marketing faxes.
- NHSmail previously allowed faxes to be sent, however this was phased out at the end of March 2015.
- One popular alternative is to subscribe to an Internet fax service, allowing users to send and receive faxes from their personal computers using an existing email account.
- Windows XP has a "Fax Console" to manage incoming, outgoing and archived faxes and settings.
- The cellular model was capable of sending and receiving faxes, at a rate of 9.6 KB per second—twice that of its cellular data speed of 4.8 KB per second.
- With FAX.PLUS Slack integration, users get notified of received faxes and the status of sent faxes in their Slack workspace.
- Black faxes have been used to harass large institutions or government departments, to retaliate against the senders of junk faxes, or merely as simple pranks.
- On April 18, 2005, the privacy commissioner of Canada expressed disappointment in the way CIBC dealt with incidents involving the bank misdirecting faxes containing customers' personal information.
- RingCentral Fax lets users send and receive faxes via the Internet without a fax machine.
- Fax modems can be used for computer-based faxing, in which faxes are sent and received without inbound or outbound faxes ever needing to ever be printed on paper.
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!