|ADJ || fearful | fearfuller | fearfullest |
|SYNO ||cowardly | fearful | frightful | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- My eyes fearful with tears like pearls.
- Historical theories were based on the notion that fearful consequences would discourage potential offenders.
- Predators often encounter fearful prey that attempt to escape predation.
- Thirty-seven women ages 18 to 21 were first screened into two groups: fearful of dogs and non-fearful of dogs.
- found that participants paid more attention to the eyes when recognising fearful or neutral faces, while the mouth was fixated on when happy faces are presented, irrespective of task demands and spatial locations of face stimuli.
- During Huan Xuan's year at Nan Commandery, the people of the commandery were far more fearful of him than of the governor of Jing Province (荊州, modern Hubei and Hunan), Yin Zhongkan (殷仲堪).
- In this experiment, an infant was classically conditioned to express a fearful response when a white rat was presented along with a loud noise that shocked the child.
- Unable to bear such fearful strain.
- The name BugAboo means a fearful and surprising existence in the imagination, and contains the determination and meaning of "Let's overcome the fearful existence in our hearts together and realize our dreams".
- Social buffering is a phenomenon in which animals, in the presence of another animal, have attenuated stress and fear responses upon presentation of typically fearful stimuli.
- In the "fear test", infants were presented with a fearful stimulus, often a noise-making teddy bear.
- Yeltsin received the backing of business people who were fearful of a communist victory.
- A further breakdown of this statistic, sees the percentage of users in development of a digital phobia increase, with 4% fearful of online shopping for worrying that someone will steal their card details, and 12% fearful that using social media will make it easier for people to find their personal details.
- Back at the prison, Merle wants revenge and is fearful for his brother.
- Young people are fleeing El Salvador to the United States, fearful of gang violence.
- Spider-fearful and non-fearful undergraduates experienced either a positive, negative, or neutral subliminal priming stimulus followed immediately by a picture of a spider or a snake.
- Patients with damage to their left amygdala lesions rated fearful faces less fearful than normal subjects.Fernandez-Carriba, S., A.
- In summary, a small rural Australian town grows fearful when a young girl goes missing. Thirteen year-old Charlie grows especially fearful, because he alone knows what has happened.
- Mice are fearful of these Mups even when they are made in bacteria, but mutant animals that are unable to detect the Mups showed no fear of rats, demonstrating their importance in initiating fearful behaviour.
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!