|NOUN || niobium | - |
|SYNO ||atomic number 41 | Nb | niobium|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The most important is Niobium, which is extracted from open pits and transformed into ferro niobium See Angloamerican which is used in the airplane industry.
- Niobium-92, along with niobium-94, has been detected in refined samples of terrestrial niobium and may originate from bombardment by cosmic ray muons in Earth's crust.
- Niobium is a metal resembling titanium, but it is softer and heavier.
- When heated to over 600 °C niobium trichloride disproportionates to niobium metal and niobium pentachloride.
- Niobium carbonyls supported by Cp ligands can be prepared at various oxidation states of Nb and serve as useful precursors in niobium carbonyl chemistry.
- Small amounts of niobium are added to stainless steel to improve its quality. Niobium alloys are also used in rocket nozzles because of niobium's high corrosion resistance.
- Niobium and some niobium alloys are physiologically inert and hypoallergenic.
- It has not been as widely used for superconductive applications as niobium–tin or niobium–titanium.
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!