|NOUN || a toughness | toughnesses |
|SYNO ||formidability | huskiness | ruggedness | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Fracture is largely determined by the fracture toughness (...), so fracture testing is often done to determine this.
- Some of the factors affecting the toughness of epoxy nanocomposites include the chemical identity of the epoxy curing agent, entanglement density, and interfacial adhesion.
- The half-back flank was traditionally a defensive position, where reliability and toughness were more important than attacking flair.
- By complexing metal ions into the polymer matrix, the strength and toughness of the ionomer system is increased.
- Hydrogen embrittlement is the effect where a previously embrittled material has low fracture toughness whatever atmosphere it is tested in.
- Shock resisting steels are designed to have high impact resistance (toughness), along with other properties such as strength, hardness.
- Crack growth programs grow a crack from an initial flaw size until it exceeds the fracture toughness of a material and fails.
- The Palmqvist method, or the Palmqvist toughness test, (after Sven Robert Palmqvist) is a common method to determine the fracture toughness for cemented carbides.
- Fracture toughness is required to alter the crack propagation in ceramics.
- Several other instruments have purported to measure mental toughness, but research has called their validity into question.
- Coaching for mental toughness. In P. Clough & D.
- The chevron test is used to determine the fracture toughness [...] of brittle construction materials. The fracture toughness is a basic material parameter for analyzing the bond strength.
- The candidate fracture toughness [...] equals the mode II fracture toughness [...] if strain energy release rate falls within certain percentage of [...] at different crack lengths specified by ASTM.
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!