|NOUN || a whiskered auklet | whiskered auklets |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- The whiskered auklet ("Aethia pygmaea") has striking, stiff white feathers protruding from above and below the eyes of the otherwise slate-grey bird, and a dark plume which swoops forward from the top of its head.
- There are also large numbers of the Ancient Murrelet and the Whiskered Auklet that nest on Koniuji.
- The olecranon projects in a fashion similar to "Synthliboramphus" while the ulna shows characters otherwise seen in the whiskered auklet and the extinct "Cerorhinca aurorensis".
- In the spring and summer some of the largest colonies of crested and whiskered auklet in the Kuril Islands are found on the island; least auklet also nest here.
- Large numbers of birds, notably the whiskered auklet, nest on the islands, making them a frequent stop for nature tours in the area (the group is located only [...] from Dutch Harbor on Unalaska Island).
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!