|NOUN || a whisker | whiskers |
|SYNO ||beard | face fungus | whiskers|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The 2nd and 98th percentiles are represented by the ends of the whiskers, and hatch-marks across the whiskers mark the 9th and 91st percentiles.
- The Soldier with the Green Whiskers appears in many adaptations, though he often lacks that description for a lack of green whiskers.
- Whiskers probably evolved in probainognathian cynodonts.
- The plant can be identified by its white or purple flowers bearing long, protruding stamens that resemble cats' whiskers.
- Whiskers also aid in hunting. High speed photography reveals that when a cat is unable to see its prey because it is too close to its mouth, its whiskers move so as to form a basket shape around its muzzle in order to precisely detect the prey's location.
- They were delivered in an unlined medium shade of Brunswick green with white cab roofs and yellow speed whiskers.
- She received extensive tattooing on all parts of her body and wore tiger whiskers attached via piercings on her face.
- It may be instructional to note that whisker growth provides the link between the mechanical phenomenon of high strength in whiskers and the various growth mechanisms which are responsible for their fibrous morphologies.
- Lincoln's Whiskers", written and illustrated by Karen B.
- Airborne zinc whiskers have been responsible for increased system failure rates in computer server rooms.
- The walrus moustache is characterized by whiskers that are thick, bushy, and drop over the mouth. The style resembles the whiskers of a walrus, hence the name.
- Fullerene whiskers are thin rods composed of fullerene molecules, such as C60, C70, or their mixtures.
- Locomotives with White whisker are designated for northern trips (La Union) while locomotives with Yellow whiskers are designated for southern trips (Bicol).
- Thus, the seal prevents noise from the whiskers by a unique whisker structure.
- The locomotives were delivered in a bottle green and yellow whiskers livery with red cowcatchers. Beginning c. 1960, a Gulf Red and yellow whiskers livery gradually replaced the green and yellow.
- In 1990s she did commercial for whiskers.
- Evarts Neurons in this region project to a specific subcortical nucleus in which a pattern generator coordinates the cyclic rhythm of the whiskers.
- Primates such as the bearded emperor tamarin have what look like whiskers.
- Single-crystal whiskers of these (and some other) materials are known for having very high tensile strength (on the order of 10–20 GPa).
© dict.cc Dutch-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!