|ADJ || axial | more axial | most axial |
|SYNO ||axial | axile|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- A disadvantage is the bigger radial dimensions in comparison to the axial piston pump, but it could be compensated with the shorter construction in axial direction.
- The "Bodenstein number" (Bo), a dimensionless number that is often used to describe axial mixing in so-called axial-dispersion models for tubular reactors, is named after him.
- Autoantibodies against CD74 have been identified as promising biomarkers in the early diagnosis of the autoimmune disease called axial spondyloarthritis (non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis and radiographic axial spondyloarthritis / Ankylosing spondylitis).
- This phenomenon is called "axial channelling". Generally, the effect of axial channeling is higher than planar channeling due to a deeper potential formed in axial conditions.
- According to the VSEPR theory of molecular geometry, an axial position is more crowded because an axial atom has three neighboring equatorial atoms (on the same central atom) at a 90° bond angle, whereas an equatorial atom has only two neighboring axial atoms at a 90° bond angle.
- Columns are elements that carry only axial force (compression) or both axial force and bending (which is technically called a beam-column but practically, just a column).
- The order is characterized by having freshwater species with multi-axial gametophytes, a uni-axial chantransia stage, and pit plugs with two cap layers, the outer one of which is usually plate-like.
- Types of intracranial hemorrhage are roughly grouped into intra-axial and extra-axial.
- The "axial surface" is defined as a plane connecting all the hinge lines of stacked folded surfaces.
- Polysiphonous describes an algal branch with axial cells each surrounded by cells of the same length as the axial cells.
- The basic jet turbine appeared in two forms, with axial or centrifugal compressors.
- The axial expansion joint absorbs movement in an axial direction.
- Axial optical units are more complicated, as there is no simple definition of resolution in the axial direction. There are two forms of the optical unit for the axial direction.
- The shell size is between 10 and 18 mm. The conical shell has an axial sculpture with six prominent axial ribs that are slightly concave at the shoulder.
- Axial osteomalacia is a rare osteosclerotic disorder characterized by axial skeleton pain, coarsening of the trabecular bone pattern on radiographs of the axial but not appendicular skeleton.
- Axial fan types have fan wheels with diameters that usually range from less than a foot (0.3 meters) to over [...] , although axial cooling tower fan wheels may exceed [...] in diameter.
© dict.cc Norwegian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!