|NOUN || an eyewitness | eyewitnesses |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Asking an eyewitness their confidence in their selection with a doubleblind process can improve the accuracy of eyewitness selection.
- The human memory has been known to be unreliable, as is eyewitness testimony.
- For the fall of Constantinople, Marios Philippides and Walter Hanak list 15 eyewitness accounts (13 Christian and 2 Turkish) and 20 contemporary non-eyewitness accounts (13 Italian).
- With genetic fingerprinting and DNA evidence now commonplace, many convictions based on eyewitness testimony are being re-examined.
- Regarding whether the author of the Gospel of John was an eyewitness, according to Paul N.
- An eyewitness at the beach during the time of the event recalled seeing three waves although researchers speculate that there was a confusion in distinguishing waves of a tsunami and those caused by wind.
- This finding of verbal overshadowing suggested that eyewitness recognition is not only affected by their own descriptions, but of descriptions heard from others, such other eyewitness testimonies.
- He has also studied the application of the psychology of memory to eyewitness testimony for many years, beginning with the implications of the source-monitoring framework for the accuracy of eyewitness evidence.
- Eyewitness testimony is a commonly recurring topic in the discussion of reconstructive memory and its accuracy is the subject of many studies.
- Wells also co-authored Eyewitness Testimony: Psychological Perspectives, with Elizabeth Loftus.
- Lindsay has expressed interest in many areas of research dealing with eyewitness memory and has done a great deal of research in several areas to determine factors that influence eyewitness accuracy and to what extent.
- Most of Penrod's work has dealt with eyewitness studies.
- An eyewitness by the name of Qian Chengwei (...) said that he saw that four uniformed men held the victim down on the ground while the truck went on top of him.
© dict.cc Norwegian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!