|NOUN || a zoo | zoos |
|SYNO ||menagerie | zoo | zoological garden|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Several zoos reported breeding successes, including Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, Fresno Chaffee Zoo, Brookfield Zoo, and Philadelphia Zoo.
- The other notable zoos that have webcams are the National Zoo, Woodland Park Zoo, Houston Zoo, and Atlanta Zoo.
- Kyoto City Zoo (京都市動物園) is a zoo located in Sakyō ward, Kyoto and was established in 1903, making it the second oldest zoo in the country after Ueno Zoo in Tokyo.
- According to the International Species Information System (retrieved 2004), inland taipans are held in three zoo collections: the Adelaide Zoo and Sydney Taronga Zoo in Australia and Moscow Zoo in Russia.
- The Ross Park Zoo is a zoo located in Binghamton, New York, United States.
- Founded in 1972 by a group of European zoo educators, IZE's aim was to create a forum where zoo educators could meet every two years to discuss and share ideas and common interests.
- A historical collection of wartime artifacts has been added to the Newquay Zoo archive to illustrate elements of everyday life for zoo staff, zoo animals, zoo families (including children evacuated to zoos in the countryside) and zoo visitors of the time.
- As of 2006 it was kept at the following zoos: Veracruz Aquarium, Chicago Zoo, Detroit Zoo, Philadelphia Zoo (with the most specimens), and the Guatemala City Zoo (with only one).
© dict.cc Norwegian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!