|NOUN || autapomorphy | autapomorphies |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The first phalanx of the wing finger is shorter than both the second and third phalanges, an autapomorphy.
- In 2015, Averianov indicated a single autapomorphy, unique derived trait: the distal part of the humerus has a diamond-shaped cross-section.
- In 2012, Matthew Carrano established one autapomorphy, a unique derived trait of the holotype: the suture between the pubic peduncle and the pubic bone is convex, curving upwards, at the front and concave at the rear.
- (2007) were unable to establish a single autapomorphy (distinctive or unique trait) of the taxon, concluding that "Quilmesaurus" were a "nomen vanum".
- A single autapomorphy, unique derived trait, was indicated: the strong curvature of the foot claws. These are normally rather flat with ornithomimosaurians.
- They lack an epicalyx, an autapomorphy within their tribe Hibisceae, which is known for having epicalyces.
- It is an autapomorphy, a unique derived character.
- One of these is an autapomorphy, a unique derived character.
- One of these was an autapomorphy, a unique derived character.
- An autapomorphy of "Trogus" is a concave apical edge of the clypeus.
- A single autapomorphy, unique derived trait, was indicated: the ridges bordering the fronts of the depressions around the supratemporal fenestrae form an acute angle of 55° together, pointing to the rear.
- (2014) established a single autapomorphy, unique derived trait, of "Mercuriceratops".
- Furthermore, they list a transverse groove on the anterior astragalar surface, as an additional autapomorphy, however, it's also present in "Coelophysis bauri" and the Shake-n-Bake coelophysid (Tykoski, 2005).
- The first autapomorphy is the flat shape of the basitubera, an area at the base of the skull in front of its attachment point with the neck.
- This is seen as a possible and potential autapomorphy for this species.
- A second autapomorphy was identified based on the second specimen: the inside of the maxillary teeth are thickened and enclosed from the front and rear cutting edges and is divided in half by a striking vertical ledge.
- The magnitude of autapomorphic traits in specimens differ in time. In the latest specimens, autapomorphy is unclear.
- An autapomorphy is a distinctive anatomical feature that is unique to a given organism.
- These are a key autapomorphy of H. scholtzi and are articulated in the aggregate fossil.
- The number of dorsal vertebrae are about 18–19; this low number represents its autapomorphy.
© dict.cc Polish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!