To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Possibly these were items of personal adornment, and hence value, remaining extant whilst leather had virtually no intrinsic value and would also deteriorate with time.
- It is possible that the myths surrounding Heracles were based on the life of a real person or several people whose accomplishments became exaggerated with time.
- This is combined with time domain statistical multiplexing which makes it possible for several users to share the same frequency channel.
- Rubber degrades with time, so boxed unused "modern type" masks can be cracked and leak.
- To facilitate "displaying" animations, the GIF89a spec added the Graphic Control Extension (GCE), which allows the images (frames) in the file to be painted with time delays, forming a video clip.
- Later 4GL types are tied to a database system and are far different from the earlier types in their use of techniques and resources that have resulted from the general improvement of computing with time.
- However, monuments and textiles from Almería from the late Almoravid period indicate that the empire had changed its attitude with time.
- Decay theory states the reason we eventually forget something or an event is because the memory of it fades with time.
- The original form of Newton's second law states that the net force acting upon an object is equal to the rate at which its momentum changes with time.
- An appropriate surface active agent (or surfactant) can increase the kinetic stability of an emulsion so that the size of the droplets does not change significantly with time.
- Amplifiers for direct current signals are vulnerable to minor variations in the properties of components with time.
- Restricting discussion exclusively to steady state conditions, in which neither dCA/dx or dCB/dx change with time, equimolecular counterdiffusion is considered first.
- passes with time. We're in a different time." He added that he was "glad" that the film had become "a favorite of the gay community," which he attributed to its "flamboyance".
- Analog data is transmitted by an analog signal, which not only takes on continuous values but can vary continuously with time, a continuous real-valued function of time.
- In William Tenn's short story "Brooklyn Project" (1948), a tyrannical US Government brushes aside the warnings of scientists about the dangers of time travel and goes on with a planned experiment - with the result that minor changes to the prehistoric past cause Humanity to never have existed, its place taken by tentacled underwater intelligent creatures - who also have a tyrannical government which also insists on experimenting with time-travel.
- The result of a molecular dynamics simulation is a trajectory that describes how the position and velocity of particles varies with time.
- In a chemical reaction, chemical equilibrium is the state in which both the reactants and products are present in concentrations which have no further tendency to change with time, so that there is no observable change in the properties of the system.
- He believed that the reception to "Batman Returns" was improving with time, especially after the release of "The Batman".
- The yield of these zero-coupon bonds would then be plotted on a diagram with time on the "x"-axis and yield on the "y"-axis.
- However, given that a problem solution does not change with time, time can serve as one of the variables.
© dict.cc Polish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!