|NOUN || an abdomen | abdomens |
|SYNO ||abdomen | abdominal cavity | belly | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Juveniles of both sexes are light reddish brown, with white shoulder stripes and a black stripe down the middle of the abdomen.
- Abdomen: Yellowish-brown to dark brown with yellow marks.
- It is a medium sized dragonfly with dark thorax and blood-red abdomen.
- The abdomen and the long slender legs are yellow-orange.
- These bugs are speckled reddish-brown with a slightly expanded abdomen.
- "Eriophora pustulosa" has five distinctive spines on its abdomen, two large ones halfway down its back and three smaller ones at the end of its abdomen.
- The abdomen is flattened and has parallel sides. A suture along each side or the abdomen may be made up of fused plates.
- Pubescence in middle part of mesonotum and on abdomen light-colored in male.
- Thorax and abdomen with long, dense hairs. Hairs black on thorax and basal part of abdomen red or yellowish on tip of abdomen.
- The upper side of the abdomen of the male is almost black with a reddish-brown heart-shaped marking.
- The wingspan is 55–58 mm. Both wings and the abdomen undersides are brownish grey. There are small black basal spots on the abdomen underside.
- The abdomens of both sexes are bulbous and brownish in coloration, typically with a broken pale line down the center and another pale line across the anterior portion of the abdomen.
- "Leucauge argyra" has three lines on the abdomen that run parallel only about halfway across the abdomen, where the outer two bend inward before continuing parallel again through the rest of the abdomen.
- Thorax and abdomen covered with long densely placed hairs, varying in colour from tawny (typical form) to black (var.
- ♀: Adult females have a yellow-brownish abdomen with a lattice pattern (wide longitudinal dark brown stripes and bright crescent-shaped spots) and transparent wings.
- Antennae, head, thorax and abdomen above dark brownish black, the thorax and base of the abdomen respectively crossed by a bar of bluish white; beneath, the palpi, thorax and abdomen bluish white.
- The abdomen is specialized for food digestion and egg development; the abdomen of a mosquito can hold three times its own weight in blood.
- Body length: 7–9 mm. Yellow legs. Males have a green abdomen and thorax; females have a black abdomen with purple reflections.
- The male has a convex carapace [...] long and an abdomen [...] long. It is generally brown in colour, with white patterns on the abdomen and some yellow legs.
© dict.cc Portuguese-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!