|NOUN || an umbrella | umbrellas |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- To accommodate three keys-wide tourism industries, three "umbrellas" were created: the Dive Umbrella, the Fishing Umbrella, and the Cultural Umbrella. DACs and Umbrellas are unique to Monroe County.
- In contrast to the idea of a bisexual umbrella, scholars Christopher Belous and Melissa Bauman propose that pansexuality might be considered more of an umbrella term than bisexuality, arguing that because pansexuality is often defined more broadly than bisexuality, bisexuality may exist under the umbrella of "pansexual orientations".
- Leung So Kee Umbrella Factory (...) is the most famous umbrella manufacturer and retailer in Hong Kong.
- One of the main attractions for 2001's feast was the manufacture of the big umbrella, which probably is the biggest umbrella in the Europe.
- The umbrella is used in weather forecasting as an icon for rain.
- "Syneilesis palmata", the palmate umbrella plant or shredded umbrella plant, is a species of flowering plant in the family Asteraceae, native to Korea and Japan.
- The oil-paper umbrella is the traditional umbrella used in China, Japan, and other countries in the sinosphere, and was brought to Western countries through the Silk Road.
- Traditional Fuzhou oil-paper umbrella art is divided into five subcategories including umbrella scaffold, umbrella installment, umbrella head, handle and painting, the mainstream of which is the umbrella installment.
- Behind the temple is a mountain hill that resembles an “Emperor’s Umbrella” (in Chinese called “Huangluo Gaisan”, which translates to yellow dragon umbrella cover - an ancient umbrella cover used as the emperor's shelter on his travels).
- Samuel Fox founded Fox Umbrella Frames Ltd in 1842 in Stocksbridge, Sheffield, UK.
© dict.cc Portuguese-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!