|NOUN || wherefore | wherefores |
|SYNO ||wherefore | why|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- I know: Nine was the day in Ab when the holy city was twice destroyed., wherefore a fast was observed.
- today only the evensong of Christmas remain but has been liturgically changed since and can now be the main service of Christmas Day, wherefore many parishes have no mid-morning high mass on Christmas Day.
- However, Krauss initially only gained minor and secondary roles like King Claudius in Shakespeare's "Hamlet" or Mephistopheles in Goethe's "Faust", wherefore after his military discharge as a midshipman of the Imperial German Navy in 1916 he also pursued a career as a film actor.
- , was no longer able to house the entire university, wherefore a second university structure became necessary.
- Normally it was about 20, but from time to time deaths might reduce their number wherefore it was supplied by mass creations.
- This enraged Pope, wherefore Theobald became the main target of Pope's "Dunciad".
- This round also saw the comeback of American driver Hunter Yeany, who returned to the series for the season finale after suffering a broken wrist at the Spielberg round wherefore he was ruled out for four rounds.
- The Archives of the Russian and USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs are kept classified unconventionally, wherefore little is known of Lomakin's activities during the last 10 years of his life.
- This could reduce their availability and thus effectiveness, wherefore patiromer has received a boxed warning by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), telling patients to wait for at least six hours between taking patiromer and any other oral drugs.
- In 2005, following the appointment of former Lieutenant-General Roméo Dallaire as a Liberal senator, MacKenzie wrote an editorial in "The Globe and Mail" entitled "Roméo, Roméo, wherefore art thou partisan?
- When the King had completed his address, he bestowed upon He thirty strings of cowries, wherefore has been cast this precious sacrificial vessel for X Gong.
- RASAB was founded in 2001 in order to coordinate the national and international activities wherefore the Académie royale des Sciences, des Lettres et des Beaux- Arts de Belgique (ARB) and the Koninklijke Vlaamse Academie van België voor Wetenschappen en Kunsten (KVAB) have a mutual responsibility.
- Certain pronominal adverbs may also be used as interrogative words, such as "whereby" or "wherefore".
- In 2006, while docking to the port of Split, the ship hit the shore due to the failure of both engines, wherefore was unable to speed astern.
- Kaare Gidtske's widow, Kirsten Gidtske, would not accept this, wherefore she in 2007 used her right of preemption and bought the properties back for 5,500,000 crowns.
- He was then bankrupt, wherefore the estates were dissolved.
- Peter Tordenskiold died in a young age and without issue, wherefore this noble dignity became extinct.
- The engine leads to resonance effects, wherefore a highly flexible coupling the RATO-S G-561W from Vulkan is installed.
© dict.cc Portuguese-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!