|NOUN || an Aberdonian | Aberdonians |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- Philip was a native Aberdonian, he had a wide range of sporting interests, and he had proposed to underwrite the first overseas tour by a Scottish international team.
- Her father was an Aberdonian, and Muir would attribute her creative pragmatism and self-discipline to this Scottish ancestry.
- Named after the Aberdonian opera singer, Mary Garden, the project aspired to continue her work, providing new challenges and performances for young singers.
- Alice was admitted with bronchitis to hospital in Rouen in December 1916, and was then evacuated to England on HMHS Aberdonian in January 1917.
- Milne was born in British India to Charles Gordon Shaw Milne, an Aberdonian surgeon, and his wife, Edith Reid (...), the daughter of a headmaster of George Heriot's School.
- He is married to the actress Tamara Ustinov, daughter of Peter Ustinov. The website "About Aberdeen" lists him as a famous Aberdonian.
- There were 99 30 ft Cavaliers sold (plus a demonstrator) on AEC Reliance 2MU chassis, 87 on Leyland Leopard L2T, seven on Leyland Tiger Cub PSUC1/2T and six on Albion Aberdonian MR11L.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!