|NOUN || the Labrador Sea | - |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- These may naturally be divided into lighthouses on the Pacific coast, on the Arctic Ocean, in the Hudson Bay watershed, on the Labrador Sea and Gulf of St.
- By 56 Mya Greenland had become an independent plate, separated from North America by the Labrador Sea-Baffin Bay Rift.
- links the Atlantic Ocean and the Labrador Sea to Hudson Bay in Canada.
- It is so named because of its position at the end of the Nuup Kangerlua fjord on the eastern shore of the Labrador Sea.
- "Gjøa" left the Oslofjord on June 16, 1903, and made for the Labrador Sea west of Greenland.
- Upon his return to London he is informed by M that a freighter carrying top secret NATO weapons including laser-guided surface-to-air missiles, long-range missiles, missile shields, latest GPS technology and Q equipped BMW 750iL bound for Halifax was intercepted in the Labrador Sea, south of Greenland.
- Also evident was the decrease in tritium in the deep western boundary current by a factor of 10 from the Labrador Sea to the Tropics, which is indicative of loss to ocean interior due to turbulent mixing and recirculation.
- Natural Resources Canada uses a slightly different definition, putting the northern boundary of the Labrador Sea on a straight line from a headland on Killiniq Island abutting Lady Job Harbour to Cape Farewell.
- The ship was in convoy SG 19 from New York to Greenland transiting the Labrador Sea when it was torpedoed by a German U-boat on February 3, 1943.
- From October to June the surface is usually covered with sea ice in the Labrador Sea, Denmark Strait, and Baltic Sea.
- at its outlet into the Labrador Sea to roughly [...] towards its inner end.
- From Nain to the open Labrador Sea is approximately [...] east through Strathcona Run.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!