To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- It is not considered part of the Laccadive Islands anymore, but nevertheless one of the northernmost features of the Chagos-Laccadive Ridge.
- The CIR was opened during the separation of the Mascarene Plateau and the Chagos-Laccadive Ridge about 38 Ma, both of which are the products of the Réunion hotspot, the only hotspot known to have interacted with the CIR.
- The Laccadive Islands subgroup consists mostly of atolls with islands, as well as part of one submerged bank.
- Cochin Port or Kochi Port is a major port on the Arabian Sea – Laccadive Sea – Indian Ocean sea-route in the city of Kochi and is one of the largest ports in India.
- Formerly the Union Territory was known as Laccadive, Minicoy, and Amindivi Islands, a name that was changed to Lakshadweep by an act of Parliament in 1973.
- In accordance with The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Lists (Modification) Order, 1956 and the Laccadive, Minicoy and Amindivi Islands (Alteration of Name) (Adaptation of Laws) Order, 1974.
- Tirunelveli has a hot semi-arid climate (Köppen: "BSh") bordering on the relatively rare dry-summer tropical savanna climate (Köppen: "As"), scattered irregularly across the world but relatively common in areas near the Laccadive Sea.
- "Decalesis salicifolia" is a species of flowering plant in the family Apocynaceae, native to the Laccadive Islands and south-west India.
- "Pavetta blanda" is a species of flowering plant in the family Rubiaceae, native to the Laccadive Islands, south India and Sri Lanka.
- "Australobius sculpturatus" is a species of centipedes in the family Lithobiidae. It is native to Maldives, Laccadive Islands, and Sri Lanka.
- "Tetragnatha foveata", is a species of spider of the genus "Tetragnatha". It is native to Sri Lanka, Laccadive Islands, and Maldives.
- "Enrica Lexie" (called "Olympic Sky" since 2013) is an Italian Aframax oil-tanker. In 2012, the ship was involved in the shooting of two Indian fisherman in the Laccadive Sea.
- The Chagos–Laccadive Ridge (CLR), also known as the Chagos–Laccadive Plateau, is a prominent volcanic ridge and oceanic plateau extending between the Northern and the Central Indian Ocean.
- The southern enclosure of this basin is formed by the Central Indian Ridge, the Carlsberg Ridge and the Chagos-Laccadive Ridge.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!