|ADJ || vicious | more vicious | most vicious |
|SYNO ||barbarous | brutal | condemnable | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Internal Russian politics led to vicious in-fighting among Russian architects' unions, and an equally vicious campaign against foreign 'specialists'.
- And mockingly laughs with vicious jest.
- "Svikmøllen" (meaning "the Vicious Circle" in English) is a satirical Danish annual magazine published by Aschehoug.
- In 2006 he had a role in the suspense thriller "Firewall" as vicious henchman Pim.
- When the two kidnappers are arrested, a local journalist writes a series of vicious articles about the two prisoners.
- Reporting for "Playbill", Robert Simonson wrote that Simon's "stinging reviews – particularly his sometimes vicious appraisals of performers' physical appearances – have periodically raised calls in the theatre community for his removal."
- Cecil is regarded as among the most vicious hitters in National Football League history.
- They discovered the region to be safe, but covered with snow and already inhabited by a race of vicious white-furred apes.
- This leads to a series of raging family battles resulting in murder, madness and vicious revenge.
- In 2015, Hamblet first appeared as the vicious telephone operator Jenny Marshall in "Home Fires".
- There was also a pretty vicious Six of the Best caning.
- Munroe's ongoing series called 'Gun Dogs', comprise mostly life size cardboard sculptures of vicious dogs.
- Beattie suggested that Watt had not been a particularly vicious person, adding that he had known young men who were far more vicious and "much harder" than Watt.
- Anderson pursues a vicious serial killer, only to become his next target.
- Budziszewski holds that the only way to break this vicious circle is to admit that one has done wrong and to repent, in reliance on the grace of God.
- A well-known example of a vicious circle in economics is hyperinflation.
- In February 2010, he was again the subject of a vicious beating.
- Blewett has also introduced legislation which would impose stricter penalties on owners of vicious dogs in rural areas.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!