To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- In architecture the Eastlake style or Eastlake architecture is part of the Queen Anne style of Victorian architecture.
- Buildings in the town include a variety of Georgian and early Victorian architecture, and listed buildings such as the Grade II listed Lansdowne Crescent in neo-classical style, designed by William Thomas between 1835 and 1838.
- In 2015 Moseley was named as the "best urban place to live" by The Sunday Times, with the newspaper citing its 'Arts and Crafts', 'Bohemian culture' and 'Victorian Architecture' as reasons to live in the suburb.
- He was a founding member of The Victorian Society and a passionate defender of Victorian architecture, helping to save St Pancras railway station from demolition.
- Huddersfield has an abundance of Victorian architecture.
- There are four Methodist churches, which feature Victorian architecture.
- Director Bruce Beresford deliberately avoided the city's picturesque elements and Victorian architecture, and instead filmed more rural locations that more closely resembled the West Texas area.
- The first notable era was the 1890s, marked by a housing growth, examples of which can still be found today in a full range of Victorian architecture.
- The city retains a considerable inventory of fine Victorian architecture from its mill town era.
- Beresford largely avoided the Victorian architecture and other picturesque elements of Waxahachie and instead focused on relatively barren locations more characteristic of West Texas.
- The historic downtown, known as "Oldtown Salinas", features much fine Victorian architecture, and is home to the National Steinbeck Center, the Steinbeck House and the John Steinbeck Library.
- Brentford Baths (1896), also by the architect Nowell Parr, is a Grade II listed example of late Victorian architecture.
- Hopper did produce a commissioned "portrait" of a house, "The MacArthurs' Home" (1939), where he faithfully details the Victorian architecture of the home of actress Helen Hayes.
- The concentration of wealth contributed to the city's prominent, elaborate Victorian architecture.
- Abertillery's traditional-style town centre mainly developed in the late 19th century and as such has some interesting Victorian architecture.
- The 1939 Battersea Power Station by the river in the south-west is a local landmark, while some railway termini are excellent examples of Victorian architecture, most notably St.
- There remains a considerable number of homes—especially in Cornstalk Heights—displaying Victorian architecture as well—many of which have been either painstakingly maintained or restored.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!