To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- This is where Vincent van Gogh spent his last 70 days and is his and his brother Theo's resting place.
- His work was influential on the French avant-garde and many modern artists, such as Pablo Picasso and Henri Matisse, and he is well known for his relationship with Vincent and Theo van Gogh.
- Theodorus van Gogh Theo was often concerned about Vincent's mental condition and he was amongst the few who understood his brother.
- Before Vincent painted "The Potato Eaters", Israëls had already treated the same subject in his "A Peasant Family at the Table" and, judging from a comment in a letter to Theo 11 March 1882, Vincent had seen this (or at least a variation of it) and had been inspired to produce his own version of it.
- The song's title is taken from the reported last words of Vincent van Gogh, "La tristesse durera toujours", quoted in a letter from his younger brother Theo to their sister Elisabeth, using her nickname "Lies".
- Nimoy wrote an episode about the turbulent life of artist Vincent van Gogh, having earlier played the artist's brother Theo in a one-man show.
- Millet was an important source of inspiration for Vincent van Gogh, particularly during his early period.
- In the early months of 1882, Breitner came into contact with Vincent van Gogh.
- He is also noted for initiating Vincent van Gogh, Théo van Rysselberghe and Henry Van de Velde to the movement.
- In its painterly freedom Monticelli's work prefigures that of Vincent van Gogh, who greatly admired his work after seeing it in Paris when he arrived there in 1886.
- He wrote to Vincent of the exhibition: "[...] strikes the eye from afar.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!