To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- "Dunraven" made smoke and sent off a panic party (a small number of men who "abandon ship" during an attack to continue the impersonation of a merchant).
- To further confirm the identity of the wreck, Shigeru Nakajima, an electrical technician on "Musashi" who claimed to have survived by jumping overboard after the order to abandon ship was given, told the Associated Press that he was "certain" that the wreck was "Musashi" upon seeing its anchor and the imperial seal mount.
- Evacuation of the wounded began shortly afterward and Sherman ordered "abandon ship" at 17:07.
- A critical hit forces the crew to abandon ship as it rapidly capsizes.
- "Liberator" is severely damaged during the battle with the Andromedans, forcing the crew to abandon ship whilst Zen carries out repairs.
- s captain ordered her crew to abandon ship after further damage and scuttled "Hiei" in the early evening of 14 November.
- The captain ordered his entire crew to abandon ship but was countermanded once a towing vessel arrived.
- In one instance where all members of the crew were forced to abandon ship as "Voyager" prepared to self-destruct in order to destroy a missile from hitting an inhabited planet, Paris thanked Janeway for everything she has done before he left the ship in an escape pod while Janeway stayed behind to oversee the auto-destruction sequence.
- ADM Jonathan Greenert said that the crew would "conduct an orderly abandon ship" if their ship was struck by enemy fire, an action that might not be necessary on other vessels in the same circumstances.
- In June 1956, Boyd was cast in the nautical, ship-wreck adventure "Abandon Ship!
- There was danger that the fire would spread to the holds which contained explosives, and Captain Monroe Fein ordered all aboard to abandon ship.
- The crew was able to abandon ship, but not much was saved.
- With the bridge crew dead and the ship badly damaged, Saavik orders the crew to abandon ship and the simulation ends.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!